Sunday, May 2, 2010

Personal Evaluation

I went into this course with the desire to learn about blogging and web design, as well as to improve my knowledge of video and social networking. After producing a documentary - a style of video production that I was previously unfamiliar with - and developing a website for the final project, I would say that I accomplished my goals. I would have liked to have done more with HTML and the website design in general, but it was a good first attempt.

I also learned how to produce blogs and became very comfortable with the conversational style that they are written in. I learned more about how to use twitter not just for personal use, but as a way to drive traffic to your blog or website and increase media awareness.

In the coming months, I would like to continue to use my twitter account. Admittedly, I've gone through phases this semester, but still I hope I manage to steadily post something about once a week. Also, I would like to continue blogging (though not under this blog, of course). Because I am going abroad next semester, I would like to create a blog about my experience both for my future reference and as a way for my friends and family to keep up with what I amd doing.

Overall, I think I did well in this course. I put in a lot of effort, learned a lot, and plan on continuing using what I have learned in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment